Minggu, Januari 03, 2010

The day I knew that I am going to be a dad



January 2004, five years ago.

I didn't know what the old lady doctor trying to find in that bleak monitor of her -while she was rubbing that USG detector to my lovely wife's belly. All I know is that afterward she asked my wife to drink almost 2 liters of mineral water as fast as possible -before she would try to do it again.


So we walked out from the clinic, and I fetch for my wife one big bottle of mineral water from the nearest "warung" (small shop along the streets of Indonesia) in a rather hasty manner. It isn't easy, you know -trying to drink 2 liters of water when you were not thirsty. It took my wife more than 30 minutes to drink the bottle empty -and ready to go into the clinic again to repeat the procedure.

This time it didn't take too much time for Doctor Sophie to find what she seemed to be looking for, then she said to my wife: "Positive .. congratulation -you are pregnant!". Then her assistant printed something in a small piece of thermal paper and gave it to me. I looked at the paper, winced for a while, and said "What? What am I looking at here?". Then the good old doctor said ,"That black pocket is going to be the home of your baby for the next nine months" (I paint it green in the photo on top). To be honest, I can't really tell why it was all so confusing that time; because I didn't quiet get which black pocket did she mean? or because it's my first time for me in a gynecolog clinic? or because the doctor had just said "I am a father to be"?

Of course I felt happy ... it felt more then just happy .. it felt great! It had only been one month since we started planning to have a child and now the doctor said I'm going to be a father in just about nine months. But there were other feelings other than the happy sensation that I was feeling, I'm sure of that. I also felt afraid, helpless, confused, tense and many other feeling that i dislike. All of that ghastly feelings griped me in one single moment. I was going to be a father ... and I was frightened, not exactly the feeling you expected before.

Well, It's not that bad .. really ... I managed to smile to my wife and keep on breathing -while still thinking what the heck was I gonna do after this.

Benben
come see my other blog:
http://mahanagari.multiply.com

1 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...


Assalamualaikum Tuan/Puan.

Saya mohon maaf pada Tuan/Puan untuk boleh iklan sedikit disini, semoga kebaikan hati Tuan/Puan untuk memberi izin iklan ini, menjadi amal ibadah disisi Allah SWT hendaknya amiin….

Salam dari Kita Holidays Travel & Tour Indonesia.
Kalau Tuan/Puan nak melawat ke Indonesia, jangan risau hati sila hubungi :

KITA HOLIDAYS TRAVEL & TOUR INDONESIA
Tour operator & Travel Agency

Sebuah serikat yang punya legalitas di Indonesia, memberikan pengkhidmatan tour ground handling di beberapa daerah yang favorit untuk di lawati. Kami arrange secara profesional dan dengan penuh rasa kekeluargaan, juga dengan harga tour yang sangat berpatutan sekali seperti ke : Padang dan Bukittinggi Tour, Aceh Tour, Medan Tour, Jakarta dan Bandung Tour, Jogjakarta Tour, Bali Muslim Tour dan sewa kenderaan.

Contact person : Amsyahril
Mobile : +6285263007445 ( WhatsApp )
E-Mail : am_holidays@yahoo.com / kita_holidays@yahoo.com / kitaholidays@yahoo.com.